The XGF868i flare gas flow meter is a low-cost, compact, and explosion/flame-proof transmitter version of the GF868 flare gas flow meter, with CSA, ATEX, and IECEx certifications. Like the GF868 flow meter, the XGF868i improves the efficiency of petrochemical plants, refineries and offshore platforms. It uses a proprietary algorithm to determine instantaneously the molecular weight and mass flow rate of the flare gas. The meter is used to conserve energy and reduce product loss by identifying sources of leaks into flare systems. It also helps improve compliance with pollution control regulations and reduces energy usage by accurately controlling the amount of steam fed to the flare tip.
The XGF868i flow meter operates reliably even under unsteady flow, pulsating pressure, varying composition and temperature, harsh environments and the wide flow ranges typical of flare systems. Flow velocity is measurable from 0.1 to 394 ft/s (0.03 to 120 m/s) in pipes or stack sizes up to 120 in (3 m) in diameter. There are no moving parts or orifices to wear or clog. The XGF868i's flow measurement is independent of the gas properties, and it does not require regular maintenance.
- Measures velocity, volumetric and mass flow
- Delivers accurate flow rate, independent of gas composition
- Measures instantaneous average molecular weight
- High velocity range to 120 m/s (394 ft/s)
- Accurate low flow rate measurement
- 4000 to 1 turndown ratio
- One or two path configurations
- Allows cross flow immunity in large pipes
- Minimal maintenance due to no moving parts, no holes or tubes, and tolerance to dirty or wet conditions
- No pressure drop
- Field-proven installation techniques
- Easy serviceability